18 June 2004

I've not been able to watch any of Euro 2004 (don't have digital cable for the PPV package, and the Spanish language stations don't seem to be airing games), but I've found my rooting interest: Denmark.

Not sure why, exactly. I think it comes from a country of 5.5 million doing so well on an international stage. They look like they'll go on to the next round (they play Sweden next, and both can advance with a draw, though Denmark's +2 goal differential isn't that strong considering the Azzuri will play Bulgaria). They've also gone past the first round of the last two World Cups. They even won Euro 1992. So I figure I'll go with them. They seem to be a better shot than Latvia, who's in the same group as the Netherlands, Germany, and the Czechs. Thanks for nothing there.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...