23 June 2004

No Latvia in the second round of Euro 2004 - they lost to the Netherlands. There'll also be no Germany, as they lost to the Czechs. Your quarterfinal matchups:

Portugal v. England - An interesting matchup, as both teams overcame disheartening first game losses (to Greece and France, respectively) to qualify. I'm going to go with the hosts by a whisker, mostly because they're the hosts.

Sweden v. Netherlands - The Dutch seem to be peaking a little bit more than Sweden, who blasted Bulgaria and then put up two draws to win the pool. So I'll go with them.

France v. Greece - The French should win, but I'm going to be pulling for the Greeks.

Denmark v. Czech Republic - The Czechs were the only team to put up a 3-0-0 record in prelims, and did so in a tough group. I think they'll prevail, though I'm pulling for a 1992 repeat for the Danes.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...