30 December 2004

And for those of you depending on me for your world juniors update (which is a really bad idea, given that I missed most of last night's game to take in BU's 4-1 win over Nebraska-Omaha), the US lost to Belarus 5-3. Not sure how that happened, other than Al Montoya was supposed to get the night off, but had to sub in for the other guy at some point. Not good.

Even worse - we're losing to the Czechs currently. Outside of a big comeback (the US would have to beat the Czechs by 4 goals), a date with the Slovaks awaits. Hard to say how that'll turn out; the Slovaks shut out Germany and Finland, but got thumped by Canada and Sweden.

In non-hockey news, the DSL means that I'll finally get to update my links in a more meaningful way. I've started this already, most notably in Shawn's benching and the deletion of Web Test Central. More later.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I was giving Cooch Minor the benefit of the doubt in case there was server trouble. All I got when I clicked on his link was a page not available.

Paul Crowley said...

Team USA sure looked good tonight, drubbing the Swedes 7-2. Next is a rematch with Russia. It looks like our fate will depend on which Montoya shows up as he looked horrible against Belarus and the Czechs. You can well imagine that all I hear up here is how dominant Team Canada is. Well, its true, and they are desperate for a victory after last year's embarassment (Sweeeet) and having been shut out for Gold since 1997. Man I hope we get a rematch and somehow find a way to sneak it by him.

What a bummer about Chris Bourque. They say he'll miss a month, which puts him back around beanpot time, but that line has been on such a roll for BU, I hope they don't falter in his absence. Any more news locally on his injury status?

I may be out your way in a couple of weeks. Carl apparantly got tix for the BC game on the 15th and if I can make it out, we're taking my Dad to the game. If it works out, I'd love to meet up with you before or after the game, perhaps for a few beers. I'll let you know if it's a go mid-next week.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...