26 December 2004

So while we didn't have a white Christmas in Maine, we are having a white Boxing Day. I suppose that's fitting given the Anglocentric household.

Favorite present: an iTrip from Griffin Technology. You may remember the trouble I had with their iMic earlier in the year, but the iTrip worked the first time out. Haven't tried it in the car yet (used a radio in the house), but I have high hopes for it. I now just need a docking unit that will allow me to keep the thing charged while driving.

(Had I been really smart I would have asked for this thing and taken care of all my needs at once. How did I miss this?)

Not much else to report outside of the usual Christmas stuff. We did have an interesting occurance at Mass on Christmas Eve - a guy passed out in the middle of the service. He was fine, just a little overcome by being packed in as we all were. I would also pass along this bit of advice for choir directors, though: don't put the young boy who's going through "the change" in front of the microphone. Let's just say it can make the season a little less joyous.

Got to watch the first game for the US team last night at the World Juniors hockey tournament, a 5-4 win over the Russians. Of course, I was making an attempt at being social when BU's Chris Bourque tallied a goal and an assist in the first 6-plus minutes of the game. I will not make the same mistake when the US takes on the Swiss tomorrow (ESPN2, check your local listings).

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...