10 December 2004

So I've made a couple of decisions regarding college football.

1. Notre Dame is on my personal probation list. I'm not rooting against them per se, but I'm not going to be going out of my way to watch, either. They get an exemption against BC, of course.

2. In their place will be the collected teams of the service academies. I've always been an Air Force fan (comes from growing up when the wishbone was king), and like the resolve Navy's shown over the years. I can only think positive thoughts about Bobby Ross and what he's trying to do at West Point, as hard as it'll be to turn things around.

There's the Coast Guard Academy, too, should they crop up on TV. I'll have to look at the Comcast channel lineups more closely from here on out.

Oh, just thought of a third.

3. I'll have to root for any team that plays ND coached by Ty Willingham. Not sure about taking it to the next level and including other coaches done wrong like Ron Zook or that Cutcliffe guy from Mississippi. Nah, just leave it with Ty, although it looks like Mike Tice might beat him to UW (in case you missed it, Tice was quoted the other day saying he'd like that job assuming he winds up looking for a new one, which may very well happen if the Vikings fade again).

1 comment:

Paul Crowley said...

Air Force? Oh the humanity.... To put the Falcons ahead of Navy is a travesty of the highest order. If you want to talk college football tradition, go no further than the Midhsipmen. One of just two independent teams in Div 1, no fancy, trendy nickname, 100+ years of Army Navy. It doesn't get any better. Bowl games in back to back years, Navy football is back...

Oh, by the way. The Beavers will once again us and abuse the Irish in Arizona (Phoenix instead of Tempe this tiem around)

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...