13 December 2004

Before you ask, even with Pats offensive coordinator Charlie Weis going to ND they're still going to be on my personal probation. They may even get more of it if the hiring backfires on the Pats. Sorry, Chaz.

Mike Tice must be the saddest guy in football right now, between the Vikings home loss to Seattle and the UW job being a done deal for Willingham. Given the former, Tice could really have benefitted from the latter not happening.

He should still start polishing up his resume, though.

There was some non-football content to the weekend (though I did get to see parts of both 1-AA semifinals - go JMU! - and a big chunk of the div 2 final), as I went Christmas shopping with my wife and her sister. That went about as well as you think it would, especially as I bought almost nothing.

We're doing something interesting on Sarah's side of the family this year. All six of us drew names, and we're only buying presents for the person we drew. It's making things a lot easier (or it will when I finally start buying), as we also used the time over Thanksgiving to put together a list of what everyone wanted.

Unfortunately, that sort of game plan wouldn't go so well with my side of the family. The kids tend not to see the beauty of drawing names.

While it wasn't on TV for some reason, I was happy to see that the Icedogs took out RPI, as we've been having problems racking up non-conference wins (BU now stands at 2-5 outside of Hockey East, and has three more non-conference games coming up). I was also impressed that Harvard beat Maine, they're now 3-0 versus Hockey East teams. Sadly, they don't play BC in the opening round of the Beanpot in 2005.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...