06 December 2004

I know it's old news by now, but Urban Meyer going to Florida is perfect. Notre Dame gets what it deserves, and hopefully their AD, Kevin White, will as well.

Speaking of places south of here, I got to spend the weekend in Chattanooga, fun as always. As part of any trip to the south, I try to eat some things that we don't really have up here.

I got sweet tea at dinner on Friday, nice and sweet but still could taste the tea. Grits came along on Sunday morning with breakfast.

The problem, oddly enough, was the Moon Pie and RC Cola combo. On Friday night I found the RC but no Moon Pies (which are made in Chattanooga!). Sunday as we were leaving I got Moon Pies but no RC (except in 2 liter bottles, which is really overkill). So I wound up washing the Moon Pie down with Double Cola, another Chattanooga product, thinking that the local drink should be able to compliment the local baked good.

Well, not so much. I don't think I'd buy Double Cola again.

Not much else to tell from the weekend. Team finished third in the tournament, I played very well at times and horribly at others, including what has to be my first 0/3 performance in a game ever (though I still think I got rooked on one question, such is life). I did get a couple of really horrible CDs as prizes, one of which was actually requested by my wife. Musical taste was clearly not a deal-breaker in our relationship.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...