23 June 2005

Two things I like:

Sunshowers Got caught in one yesterday, and it was pretty cool. At an earlier point, though, it was more of a sundownpour. I would not have liked that.

The March of the Penguins A new film from Warner Independent and National Geographic that follows the mating cycle of the emperor penguins. Given what they go through, it's hard to believe they've not been wiped out yet. I know if humans had to walk for a week to get to the mating area, go for four months without food, and spend winter huddled together outside while holding their future young between their legs and on top of their feet, the earth would belong to the dolphins.

Morgan Freeman narrates, which didn't hurt, either.

Two things I don't like:

Jimmy Buffett He's here for his annual run of shows, and every radio station that'd even possibly play his stuff was crapping themselves about it. I don't mind the occasional encounter with "Cheeseburger in Paradise" or "Margaritaville," but the whole Parrothead thing is a little befuddling. If that lifestyle is so appealing, move to the Keys already.

"Hollaback Girl" After running across this song at least a dozen times between here and Maine last weekend (I stopped counting at 12), this becomes the first song since high school that I've officially considered overplayed. No mean feat given how little I listen to the radio.

The other problem, of course, is that the song is awful. But it's also awful popular; looks like I'm playing the iPod in the car for now.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...