03 February 2006

Tom Reilly, the state AG and front-runner for the Democratic nomination for governor, made news this week when he named Marie St. Fleur, a state rep, to be his running mate (lieutenant governor candidates run separately from governor candidates in the primary, but there's often this sort of linkage going into the primary). She then made news the next day by dropping out of the lieutenant governor's race due to financial questions. Let's just say that her approach to paying off loans and taxes is a little more relaxed than banks or the IRS would appreciate.

In talking about this yesterday, Reilly noted that running for governor " ...is a whole different level of politics, and it's never been my strong suit, and I have to improve on that."

I have to admit that I find a state-level politician admitting his lack of political skillz kind of endearing. But I fear for where this is going to lead come November.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It leads to Governor Kerry Healey, the first elected female governor!

Shawn

Mark said...

Looks like I'm not getting any sleep tonight...

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...