13 February 2006

Very dull weekend, describable in two words: Olympics and snow. For the former, we watched a lot of the coverage this weekend, which was at its usual NBC level, though I did get to see more biathlon than I ever thought I would (even if the coverage was mostly shooting and skiing in and out of the stadium).

The snow, well, there's a lot of it. Not as much as this time last year (or, even worse, two years ago), but still a good dumping. Not enough (or at the right time) to get a snow day, sad to say. Rather I got to fight through a commute that saw the "express" train I usually take posted as running 25-30 minutes late (I wound up taking the local that comes in about 10 minutes later) and the Orange Line decide to have cars sit in the tunnels for a couple of minutes, apparently for the hell of it (though I learned from co-workers that there was a medical emergency on the line earlier, so it could have been residual effects). But I'm here now and can't complain.

Besides, there's some sort of hockey game at the Garden tonight. That might be fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know how you do with insomnia but for those of us who not infrequently find ourselves awake between 3 and 5 a.m. without trying the curling coverage this morning was a nice change of pace from the usual quest for something to watch.

Hyph

Mark said...

I was blissfully aslumber from 3 to 5 am, but as Monday is my "late" day (commuter hell notwithstanding) I did get to enjoy the women's 15k individual biathlon this morning.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...