14 March 2006

Book Log 2006 #10: Devices and Desires by P. D. James

One of the middle-late books in the Adam Dalgliesh series, it follows the inspector/poet as he gets drawn into a killing on the English coast, where he is closing up the house of a recently deceased aunt.

I've only read two of the Dalgliesh books, and both in the later part of the series, which makes it a little hard to get a feel for him. This is especially true here, where the focus of the book is much more on the local characters and setting.

The book will certainly meet the needs of anyone who enjoys well-written mysteries, but I can't help but feel I'm missing something by not knowing more about the (ostensibly) main character. Maybe it's just that I don't know that I'm not missing anything.

No comments:

Lentorama 2024: Clerical Crime Solvers Day 40: Cadfael Born in Wales, Cadfael left home to become as servant to a wool merchant in the Engli...