17 March 2006

In an unusual turn for me, I'm not only wearing green today, but I am also wearing the Celtic-patterned tie that I picked up in Ireland. This would be a noteworthy holiday event if it wasn't a combo I wear regularly. Still, I timed it out so I'd be hibernially appropriate, give me that.

I also had corned beef and cabbage for lunch, which was a little better than expected given that I ate in the college cafeteria. I did not get up at the crack of dawn to have it for breakfast, which is apparently the hip thing to do. I will also not go pay upwards of $30 as cover charge to swill tinted crap. I'll happily watch hockey and take the train home.

Imus did his show from Boston this morning (under the name "Kiss me I'm Imus"), and for the bit of MSNBC coverage I saw he had Mitt Romney as a guest. Mitt was pretty funny, and for his sake I hope he saved some of his A-list material for Sunday's St. Patrick's Day breakfast, a local political event of some importance. That's not a crowd you want to disappoint.

No comments:

Lentorama 2024: Clerical Crime Solvers Day 40: Cadfael Born in Wales, Cadfael left home to become as servant to a wool merchant in the Engli...