13 March 2007

Book Log 2007 #8: A Taste for Death by P. D. James

Another good Adam Dalgliesh, as he and his newly-formed squad try to solve what may be a double homicide involving a government Minister.

Unlike some of the other books I've read in this series, I got more background about Dalgliesh and his associates, making a nice balance with the mystery. It was a case where I wish I was reading these in order, as I get the feeling there are details that would have helped me when the book dealt with personal matters. There's also part of me that would have liked an approach here more in line with A Certain Justice where the book focuses mainly on those involved in the case. I'd have liked to known more about what the Minister went through in the day or so before his death, and his noble family could have easily carried a book by themselves.

Anyway, recommended as always.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...