08 March 2007

Lentorama 2007: The Non-Canonized Catholic Person of the Day

Today we look at three guys named John of God, or more accurately Joao de Deus, as all three are from Portuguese-speaking countries. One is a Portuguese friar turned saint, so the only thing I'll mention about him here is that he was born and died on March 8, which I assume wasn't what he wanted for his 55th birthday.

The second, also born March 8, is apparently considered Portugal's greatest mid 19th century poet. He also dabbled in politics and education reform.

The third is a faith healer living in Brazil. I don't think he's very Catholic, so that is all I have to say about that.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...