26 March 2007

Your Frozen Four pool standings, which may be a misnomer given how few of us actually have teams still standing:

Harper-Nixon 11
Coen, M. 9
Coen, S. 9
Hight 9
DeVeau 9
Rosenberg 8
Crowley 7
Martindale 7
Bruce 6
Sorenson 5

And it turns out I was wrong (again) about this being over. Should the Fighting Sioux of North Dakota top that team from Chestnut Hill, Chris Rosenberg will take his four points and eke out a win. Should that not happen, Matt Harper-Nixon will take the title. And as much as I count him as a friend, I really hope that the second scenario is not the one that plays out. I can get through the father-in-law's ribbing if Maine wins this thing, but the media aspect of a Newton College win is something I would like to avoid. I can only hope that Dice-K's first start is on April 5.

Kind of funny to look back at last year's results and see how many people scored over 20 points, as opposed to this year when we will have, at most, two in double digits. I suppose that happens when too few people call the upsets and no one has a champion left.

Moving on to a different sport, I have set up a Baseball Challenge group for those who are interested:

Name: Macho BC Donkey Wrestler
Password: donkey

3 comments:

Greg said...

Yeah! I'm so great.

Anonymous said...

Given that I made my picks in about 5 minutes and there is no money involved I will officially begin rooting for myself to lose. B.C. losing cancels out the pain of seeing Rosenberg win.

The Grim Reaper said...

Suck on my hockey acumen. Let's see - don't pick BC or Maine ever and then guess a lot.

This would be like your Pope-off when I won by guessing correctly the number of ballots but was no where close to the new name.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...