18 March 2007

I know most folks are wrapped up in basketball's March Madness, but the real madness starts on Friday with the regional tournament that will decide the Frozen Four.

As usual, I am running a free and (hopefully) fun bracket pool for the NCAA divison I men's hockey tournament. You can check out the bracket over at US College Hockey Online, and email me your picks by Thursday at 2 pm EDT.

I will again be using upset points in each round of the tournament, but as with last year it'll only be using regional seeding. So if Minnesota is once again vanquished by the champions from Atlantic Hockey (Air Force this time around), and you were smart/crazy enough to call it, you'd get 3 points.

Wins per round are scored 1-2-4-8. Ties will be broken by number of winners picked, and if we're still tied after that it'll be by number of upset points earned. If there's still a tie after that, well, you'll stay tied. It's not like there's any money running on this.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...