03 December 2017

Book Log 2017 #15: The Hanging Garden by Ian Rankin

I liked this entry in the Rebus series quite a bit, for two reasons:

1. The development of a rival to Cafferty, and the way in which the real-world issue of human trafficking is given light through this particular story line.

2. Significant developments in Rebus's personal life that are related to the case but have impacts well beyond it.

This may also be the first book in the series where I really got a sense of how characters were aging in real time (not that it didn't come up before, but I think I felt it more acutely with this book than those before it). No doubt that theme will only become more prominent in future installments.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...