10 December 2003

I don't know how I feel about the possible Nomar trade. Inasmuch as A-Rod would provide greater scoring punch without giving up defense, Nomar is one of us. He's used to the crazy fans and cranky media. I'm getting a Carlton Fisk vibe, wherein a well-loved player gets sent packing for money reasons and spends the bulk of a hall of fame career elsewhere. We got lucky in that Fisk got jerked around even more by the ChiSox, greasing the skids for a return to Fenway (albeit as a retired player). I don't think we'll get the same thing with Nomar, if the war of words between John Henry and Nomar's agent, Arm Tellem, is anything to go by.

And while I'm loathe to back baseball owners, if the figures that have been bandied about are accurate, Tellem is stuck in 2000. The bubble has burst.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...