12 December 2003

My prediction of us being snow-free after yesterday proved a little premature. We did get rain, and there was significant melt, but there's still a lot of white. And now we're getting more snow on Sunday. At this point it'll be followed up by a mix on Monday, which should be lots of fun for the commute (even my commute, which is a 2 minute walk but all downhill; there's a good chance I'll slip and fall on my ass).

We had our divisional holiday party yesterday, which was festive. I was subcontracted out to write a sequel to last year's quiz, so I got to spend a good 15 minutes taunting co-workers who were looking for answers. I also managed to not get stiffed during the yankee swap, getting a Barnes and Noble gift card in return for an assortment of savory goodies presented in some sort of canoe looking thing. Today is the college holiday party, which will be moderately festive.

I'm not brimming with holiday spirit quite yet, and I think I had a little beaten out of me in the three seconds where I was exposed to Ebbie, the version of A Christmas Carol starring Susan Lucci in the Scrooge role. I also wound up passing on the Mr. Magoo version, as I wasn't in the mood for its musical interludes the night it was on.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...