18 December 2003

Oh, I forgot a trailer.

The Butterfly Effect stars Ashton Kutcher as a guy who can manipulate time with his mind. I'll give you a sec to stop laughing at that image.

Said guy uses his power to try to bring back a girlfriend of his who'd died, but winds up screwing up someone else's life. So he goes back again, and you can see where this is going. Any resemblance to the sketch "Time and Punishment" from The Simpsons' "Treehouse of Horror V is probably incidental. At least it never rained doughnuts in the trailer.

Inasmuch as I was astounded by an Ashton Kutcher movie trailer that didn't immediately make me want to retch, I was more pleased with his appearance in a trailer for Cheaper By the Dozen that I saw while in the concessions line, wherein the family dog bites Kutcher's character in the genital area and refuses to let go. I know, it was a movie, but it made up at least partially for his year of over-exposure.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...