21 December 2003

I know things should be buzzing, what with Libya playing nicey-nice and Clay Aiken graduating from college, but I really don't have much to say on the major issues of the day (that being if you can accept that what the Yahoo news headlines are constitute the major issues of the day).

What is sticking in my craw a little bit is the issue of rental books at public libraries. I suppose it's a good way to raise money, but to me the idea of a public library is that I should have access to books without needing to pay for them (outside of whatever taxes I paid to get them on the shelves in the first place). And, really, do we need to create another barrier to getting people to read, even if it is relatively small?

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...