19 December 2003

I was chagrined to see that Mike Jarvis, aka "Baldy," has been let go as coach of the St. John's men's basketball team. But then I saw that the Red Storm had lost to Hofstra and Fairfield this season - both times at home. It didn't help that his recent rosters were festooned with reprobates. Well, OK, maybe not festooned, but he did have a couple of players who spent more time at municipal court than at the basketball court.

Anyway, the reason for the chagrin on my part is that Baldy was the coach at BU when I was first a student there, and he did a good job with a non-marquee program. Which is probably a good thing, as he might have to go back to that level.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...