05 March 2004

I made my triumphant return to the dentist today. In case I haven't mentioned it, I tend to avoid the dentist as I tend to view the profession as a medievel torture guild. I know, it's not fair, but irrational beliefs often aren't fair.

In any case, today was just x-rays, so no pain involved. Though I did kind of gag at one point given how the device used to hold the film in place was located (and how it made me hold my mouth). Thankfully, no heaving (wet or dry) resulted. I did feel badly for the technician, who had to walk in and out of the room every time. She must walk 10 miles a day, six feet at a time.

Speaking of gagging, the BU men's ice hockey team had their final home game of the season last night, and managed a 3-3 tie with UNH, which is sadly an achievement given how this season's gone. They could have actually won the game, but gave up a ridiculous first goal (a mid-ice dump went off a BU player's skate and into the net, as the goalie had moved out to collect the dump).

Merrimack and Lowell tied, meaning that BU cannot move up to seventh place, even with a win at UNH. They can still miss the Hockey East playoffs, but Northeastern would have to take all four points from UMass. That's not quite as impossible as it may seem, given that the Minutemen are on a 0-4-1 tear (NU is 1-2-2 in their last five games, the lone win a 6-3 decision at BU).

In some ways I don't even think BU deserves to go to the playoffs, but as they'd be playing at BC in the first round, it's not like their tenure in the tournament would be great. Our last win at BC: January 18, 2002.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...