20 March 2004

So how was your week?

I was in Orlando from Sunday to very early this morning, and will be writing up some sort of travelogue for all to enjoy, as it were. The short version is that it didn't snow and I'll be very happy not to see another theme park until 2007.

In non-vacation related items of note:

* Both the BU men's ice hockey and basketball seasons ended while I was away, and interestingly enough it was the hockey team that was the more interesting of the pair. They upended BC in the quarterfinals of the Hockey East tournament, but bowed to Maine in a 1-0 semifinal contest. The basketball team got to play at URI in the first round of the NIT and got smoked.

* I was slightly saddened to see that Sean Fields didn't get a Hobey Baker nod, given that his play was about the only thing that kept the Icedogs from a 5-28-2 season. But it's hardly a snub of any proportion.

* I'd meant to leave a quick note about the vacation before departing, but wound up spending all my free time installing OS X on my Mac. This required a memory upgrade, which went fine, and some software upgrades, which did not. In the end, though, I was able to get it in and going in time to load up my iPod for the trip, which was key.

* With the travel I was not able to run my usual March Madness pool, which I'm only partially upset about. There may be something lurking for the Sweet Sixteen. I'll also probably run my usual gentleperson's wager pool for the NCAA division 1 men's ice hockey tournament, more on that when the bracket is out.

* As part of my vacation plans I've finally started The DaVinci Code, and I think reading all of Dan Brown's other books first (OK, there are only three) was a mistake. He's got a definite pattern to his books, which I'm hoping he's gotten out of for this one.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...