24 March 2004

Our migration is apparently on hold, so here's your regular Wednesday banality about reality TV.

I missed the chance to discuss last week's American Idol, which was notable for having my enemy for the season, Leah Labelle, voted off. Now who am I going to complain about? The remaining contestants have their foibles, but none of them really irritate me in the same way.

But I find myself much less interested in the group based on last night's show. Its country theme inspired a lot of meh performances. The last two performers, Latoya and Amy, did some up-tempo stuff, but after a good hour and 45 minutes of ballads and boredom it was too little too late.

Not sure who will go this week. My guess is that at least one of the two contestants in last week's bottom three will return (either Amy or Jennifer), and Camille may make an appearance after a warbly rendition of "Desperado." My guess is that Jennifer Hudson goes, less for her performance than for the popularity contest reasons.

Last night was also the season finale of America's Next Top Model, Yoanna took this year's competition, even after having a bit of a meltdown at the last photo shoot (she wound up hacking off a bunch of her own hair to get a helmet to fit right). To my mind any of the final three could have taken it all, but that could by why I'm here and not running my own fashion house in Milan.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...