08 February 2003

OK, I'm posting more or less to see if my blog comes up as "NEW" on the Bruce's webroll. That'd be cool. Thinking about the new alphabetical listing over there, I'm half-tempted to rename this AAAA Blogalicious and Bail Bonds.

What else can I tell you? We had the NAQT Northeast Sectionals at Babson today, but it was run by BU. For those you who didn't hear/see, BU couldn't get rooms for free, so rather than pay they came crawling back to me (mwuhahahaha). Which works out well for Babson, as by our figuring bailing them out in such a fashion means we shouldn't have to pay for any BU-hosted tournaments this year. Seems like a fair trade.

And I will say that I think this is something we could do at Babson again. We're a fair ways off based on the size and experience of our team (suffice it to say some of them scorekept for the first time ever today), but from a logistical standpoint things went pretty well. The one issue is travel, as not having a car makes it tough. Commuter rail works, but only if you have a van to shuttle people... which we didn't, as one school van had been towed, leaving the one available for the group with the prior reservation to ours. It all worked out, but was more of a pain.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...