14 February 2003

Went and saw The Recruit last night, and it was OK. Al Pacino kept the scenery-chewing down, Colin Farrell had a little trouble fighting his brouge, and Bridget Moynihan is highly toothsome (the second day in a row I've used that word, go figure). Considering he could have made an on-set love connection, I am not sure why Farrell decided to go on skank patrol, though the publicity couldn't have hurt. He's apparently also been mixed up with Demi Moore, hopefully after he made Hart's War with her ex-husband.

I mention this not to half-heartedly note a movie or spread celebrity dish, but rather to note that this is the fourth movie I've seen in a row where I was on-call and got paged. This started way back when with Wolf, and to be honest the interruption was welcome. I can't recall what the other two movies were, which perhaps speaks for their quality as well.

I initially begged off the movie, but the other RD, Brian, said he'd hold the pager for me. And, true to form, it went off with about 10 minutes left in the film. Such is the power of this thing.


I know, you may be thinking four movies in nine years, what's the big deal? I suppose it could be worse- I could be getting paged with things that would force me to leave the theater- but it's just another sign of what passes for luck in my day to day life.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...