04 February 2003

Wow, I was reasonably correct about both Beanpot games last night. That may be a first.

BU won 2-1, a well-fought win over a solid opponent. Sean Fields' skate save in the third period was the play of the game, as the Terriers notched the game-winner not much later (which, I suppose, most would argue as the most important play as it won the game, but I'll argue cause and effect). As much as I think Harvard is getting some benefit playing in the ECAC, they're a NCAA tournament caliber team. This was their first loss after scoring first (they were something like 14-0-0). BU is now 5-0-0 in games tied going into the third period.

Our loathed rivals from up Commonwealth Ave. took the nightcap 5-2. Northeastern took a 1-0 lead into the locker room after the first period, but didn't score again until BC tallied all 5 of theirs. I was at the computer for about 10 minutes during the second period, and BC scored twice. Bruce Crowder, the NU coach, will be lucky to have a job after the end of the season, given the lack of growth NU's exhibited during his tenure behind the bench.

Which sets up the 16th BU-BC final. Which I will not comment on, my superstition overriding my penchant for making claims.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...