03 February 2004

Having already been to one, I've passed on today's victory parade in Boston for the Pats. It's not as sunny today, but it's warmer than 2002, not that it matters when you're pressed together as tightly as we were. At some point I'll probably rue the decision not to go, but then I'll remember that there's little chance of me getting trampled while sitting at my desk or watching the parade on TV (where, not surprisingly, I'll be able to see more of the parade than if I was there).

Speaking of watching things on TV, I was relegated to doing so for last night's opening round of the Beanpot (stupid work), meaning that I did not get to revel in BU's 5-2 win over Northeastern in person. I have already cleared things to attend next week's game (good thing they won; I'd have hated to go through all of that for a consolation game I wouldn't go to anyway). We now get to play BC; last year we were 0-3 against them but beat them in the Beanpot. This year we are again 0-3 against them. There may or may not be a conclusion to draw here. Given the current BU team, they could follow last night up with a 7-1 loss to Providence and then beat BC. Or they could lose by another 7-1 score. You can't tell with this year's model.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...