03 February 2004

So I'm listening to the rally rather than going out front to watch it. I figure I'm not missing much, and there'll be news coverage galore. And it's not like anyone is saying anything that unusual. Everyone loves the fans, loves winning the Super Bowl, and would like to do it again.

While I'm wary of going back into this whole halftime show issue, it now seems at least one FCC commissioner (Colin Powell's son) is saying that he was dismayed by the entire affair, not just the boobie. Which makes me wonder how much TV this guy actually watches, given that for what I saw of the show it wasn't too out of place with other similar over the top televised music presentations. Not that you'd mistake the average halftime show for Evening at Pops.

And on a related note, am I correct in hearing that Jessica Simpson was supposed to be some big-time surprise performer in this debacle? What's so big about that? That she'd be doing something on TV that's not primarily designed to make her look like an idiot?

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...