18 February 2004

So while the Bruce and Cooch have posted various things about the band The Darkness, I have to admit to being a little ahead on the curve on these guys. Though through no fault of my own.

Back in October, when the wife and I were on our honeymoon and trying to navigate the roadways of Ireland, we noticed that there were a few songs we always seemed to catch. One was this horrible pop song "Sweet Dreams My L.A. Ex" by Rachel Stevens, a song whose only good performance came when some local band did an acoustic cover live during some late morning show. The other was "I Believe in a Thing Called Love."

And while I didn't know the whole karaoke version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" story, I did think to myself that there was a passing resemblance (in sound) to Queen. I just didn't know that there was a passing resemblance (in dress) to your average hard rock/hair metal band of the early 1990s, or a passing resemblance (in general appearance) to Spinal Tap.

But I have to admit I thought it was OK then, and wouldn't mind hearing it on the radio (real or Launch) again. I suppose if you can't have any more new Queen songs, you take what you can get. Either way, it's still better than Rachel Stevens.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...