01 February 2004

So let's see, we had 27 minutes of football that were the equivalent of two guys wailing on each other with two by fours, and then 3 minutes of Arena Football. I don't think I'll feel any less tense during the next 30 minutes. Vinatieri being 0/2 doesn't help. The block, well, OK, but the miss from 31 yards? They should be advertising more stomach remedies and fewer cures for erectile dysfunction.

For once, I agree with Phil Simms. I hate the squib kick. Nothing like giving the opponent free points and momentum.

The ads haven't done much for me. The focus on the male anatomy is a little off-putting, although fitting for the most testosteronic day on the American sporting calendar. My personal favorite to this point was the H&R Block ad featuring the Willie Nelson advice doll. I did like the Budweiser ad with the donkey that wanted to be a clydesdale, too.

I'm sure the lumpen proletariat will favor the Bud Light ad with the dog who bites the guy in the gonads. As Homer Simpson can testify, everyone loves a good display of a man getting it in the family jewels (to be fair, I did mention a while back that I found entertainment in a Cheaper by the Dozen trailer where Ashton Kutcher's character get similar treatment, but I think most folks would forgive me that one).

Oh boy, I can go watch Janet Jackson lip-synch now. Whoopie.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...