12 February 2004

Today is one of the more notable days to anyone who subscribes to a certain magazine.

The Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue was waiting for me in my box today.

This year they celebrate the 40th anniversary of the issue, and name a group of models to their swimsuit edition hall of fame. It's a solid group, though I'll go Bill James for a second and rue the omission of Carol Alt. Maybe next year.

While I've not been able to peruse the issue fully (hey, I am at work), I was struck by one picture of a bikini-clad woman riding a bull. That can't have been comfortable.

In other news, anyone looking for more "proof" that Nipplegate was planned (outside of all the press releases and other pre-show claims about the coming shocker) can take a gander at Billboard, where Janet Jackson's new single makes its debut in the top half of the Hot 100. Timing is everything.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...