11 January 2005

I suppose it's a sign of my growing comfort with the dentist that I did not write beforehand about my visit this morning to finish off my root canal.

From what I could tell it was pretty routine, although my endodontist doesn't really say too much while he's working. Given the instruments used, it was less of a dental procedure and more of a craft project. At one point he used what appeared to be a soldering iron (which seemed to be used to soften the gutta-percha used to fill the canals), and he used something like a hot glue gun to give me another temporary filling. Were my root canal televised, I don't know if it'd be on Discovery Health or HGTV. I suppose if I were good with mirrors and somewhat sadistic it could be on DIY.

Now all that's left is to get the post and crown, which will start in March. They've not taken any impressions, so it looks like I won't be finally done with this whole thing until sometime in April or even May. Huzzah.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...