22 January 2005

So I never made divisional playoff picks for last weekend. I will say that I would have picked all 4 winners; I didn't see either St. Louis or Minnesota hanging with Atlanta or Philly, and there was no way I was going to pick against the Pats and for the Jets. So let's just say that I'm "6-2" so far.

Regarding tomorrow:

Philly finally breaks through and wins the NFC. I don't think the Falcons will be able to run on the Eagles as easily as they did on the Rams, and I think the Philly secondary should be able to handle the passing attack. The wild card that is Michael Vick always leaves the door open for an upset, but I'm saving that for the ACF.

Although, really, picking the Pats isn't an upset, at least by Vegas standards. But they're the lower seed playing on the road, so odds be damned. I have to think that the Pats have been working on a defensive scheme for tomorrow since sometime in early November.

I'm not expecting a lot of points, and would be surprised if the winner cracks the low teens. The foot of Adam Vinatieri will, as usual, play a vital role in the game somehow. Hopefully in a good way.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...