08 January 2005

NFL playoffs start today. So, my off the cuff and highly unscientific picks:

Indy v. Denver I think Indy can score more points off of Denver's defense than the Denver offense can score off of what passes for Indy's defense. Pick: Indy

San Diego v. New York Part of me really thinks the Jets can pull this out. Then I consider that I'd be picking the Jets. That's almost as bad as picking the Dolphins for a Pats fan. I keep hearing how under-rated the Bolts are, and thus will give them the benefit of the doubt. Pick: San Diego

Green Bay v. Minnesota Green Bay's won both games this year in close fashion. But Minnesota is something like 2-20 in their last 22 outdoor games. I don't suppose plucky Vikings fans have tented in Lambeau Field? Didn't think so. Pick: Green Bay

Seattle v. St. Louis St. Louis won both match-ups this year, but they're 2-6 in away games. Both teams have won their last two games. Both teams have beaten higher seeded NFC teams recently, but in both cases opposing starters didn't always play the whole game. It's a toss-up, except that Matt Hasselback used to play at BC. That'll do. Pick: St. Louis

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...