29 December 2005

Another fantasy football season has come and gone, and depending on how you look at it I either finished 10th (out of 10) or 8th (former my regular season mark, latter my final position based on consolation games). I'd feel better about my performance if I were just filling out the league for someone, but considering I run the league, I feel like I should at least be going .500 for the season.

Consider that my opening week line-up featured:

* Aaron Brooks, who would get benched

* Ahman Green, who went out for the season with a quad injury (and later had surgery for a ruptured tendon)

* Curtis Martin, who went out for the season with a knee injury (late in the season, after weeks of being stuck running the ball in the Jets' makeshift offense)

* Michael Clayton, who may have lasted into week 5 before his lack of production sent him packing

And that was for a week where I won. My roster also featured Deuce McAllister (season-ending knee injury), Chad Pennington (season-ending shoulder injury), and Tyrone Calico (lack of production, cut before season-ending injury). So it was a nice combination of bad luck and drafting poorly; I'll claim the former based on my 1-2-1 record in games where I scored over 100 points.

Now I just have to figure out who - if anyone - I want to keep from this team.

1 comment:

The Grim Reaper said...

With any luck, your tendency to pick the soon to be infirmed will translate to the GHI.

Chris

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...