14 December 2005

No pub trivia last night, I was too busy segueing from the "nose running like a sieve" stage of whatever I have to the "sinus pain and coughing up of stuff with the consistency of tar" stage.

(Apologies if this catches you while eating.)

I did have one of my more surreal nights of sleep (or "sleep," given the relative lack thereof), highlighted by my taking a Benadryl to induce drowsiness - only to wake up 90 minutes later when all the stuff in my sinuses apparently converged on the same point, creating a singularity of snot. Trust me, that's the sort of thing that gets your attention, pharmaceutically-induced sleep or no.

I've been running at about 40 percent effectiveness at work, though I'm doing pretty well with things not requiring me to leave my desk. Outside of wanting to nap, I actually feel OK. That will likely change when I leave to go home and expose myself to more of our frigid weather. Really, what's with the single digits?

Not too much to add, as being sick has generally curtailed activities. We did go to the wife's work holiday party, which was fun but abbreviated due to her being sick. We did stay the night at the Omni Parker House, which I can't complain about. We definately had one of the rooms they use for specials, as it was on the smaller side, but it was pretty well appointed. I'd go back.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...