09 December 2005

I figured I missed the World Cup draw as I was doing an errand for work, but as of now they've not ever started yet. Are the Oscar people running the show? Considering a message just came across that the official mascot just finished presenting a song to the world, I'm going to assume that, yes, Gil Cates is at the helm.

I almost missed the pick for good, as when I left the building to go to the post office, I nearly got crushed between one of those Bobcat things and the building. Though it's nice to know that Lewis Black is in town; how else to explain the snow, thunder, and lightning?

Unrelatedly, commisserations to JQ for his second place finish last night on Jeopardy!. Go figure that this time, everyone knew the final question. Glad to see he got the question on the Phillipines, though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you realize how close I was to muttering, "I'd better get that one" after hitting it. But the game was too close and I was desperate for points to get cute. This isn't a trash tournament.

However, still trying to figure out where the heck Catawba came from.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...