30 December 2006

Back to the Cabot tonight to see The Departed, which I really enjoyed. Not sure if it's the best movie of the year, but I've seen few enough movies this year to make that call. It is the best movie I've seen this year, intermittent Clavenesque accents notwithstanding. Parts of the film were shot near the wife's office, so it was neat to see some familiar streetscapes.

I feel like I should have more to say about the two most notable deaths of the last few days, but I don't. I watched some of the Ford coverage today and it was pretty typical - fill with whatever you can while we wait for something to happen. As for Hussein, I've only seen the stuff they had on early saying he'd been hanged, and that it probably wasn't going to effect the current situation in Iraq too much. Which, sadly, seems true.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...