13 December 2006

Following up on the holidays in the office, it turns out that I am the only person not participating in the Secret Gift-Giving Occasion. And while that could be a little isolating, it turns out to have worked in my favor.

We recently had a personnel change here, resulting in one less person in the office. That person was participating, of course, and their departure meant that someone was looking to go presentless. And, thanks to the decentralized nature of things, no one knew who that person would be.

Which is where I come in. The person coordinating the event had me get names from everyone so I could, by process of elimination, find out who was going to be ungifted and give their name to the person who had the person who left. So, really, my innate disdain for the SGGO turned into a positive. It's a Festivus Miracle!

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...