30 December 2006

Book Log 2006 #64: Remembrance Day by Henry Porter

Having enjoyed Brandenburg Gate and not finding anything else interesting, I decided to pick this up, the only other of his books at our library. It's apparently the first book in a trilogy (albeit a loosely connected one), which I'll now have to seek out, given that I really liked this one. Very solid spy-type thriller about an Irish scientist caught up in what appears to be an IRA bombing campaign in London using bombs set off by cell phones. Which I suppose makes this the British equivalent to Tom Clancy's use of a jumbo jet to take out Congress in Debt of Honor. Just better-written and not as lengthy.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...