04 December 2006

Blogalicious College Football Top 10

1. Ohio State (idle) - the one thing we can all agree on. Next opponent: Florida in the Fake Bowl.

2. Michigan (idle) - I was originally not keen on the idea of a repeat, but I warmed to it, as having seen all of these teams play I think Michigan really is the next best. Not that I get to vote in anything that matters. Next opponent: USC in the Rose Bowl.

3. Florida (def. Arkansas 38-28) - even if I'd favor a rematch, I'm not sure I have the same fervor against Florida's title shot that others have. I would ask those that do to get their pitchforks and torches and head to Indy. That may be what it takes to get a playoff. Next opponent: Ohio State in the Fake Bowl.

4. Louisville (def. Connecticut 48-17) - I know that others ranking the Cardinals this high is part of the reason why we're getting OSU-Florida, but like I said I don't get to vote in anything that matters. So if I want to throw them a bone for their 11-1 season, so be it. Too bad they didn't get a better bowl game. They deserve it more than Notre Dame. Next opponent: Wake Forest in the Orange Bowl.

5. Boise State (idle) - ditto for the Broncos, though I like their bowl placement. Next opponent: Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.

6. Wisconsin (idle) - hope they've got a good run defense. Next opponent: Arkansas in the Capital One Bowl.

7. LSU (idle) - they lost the battle but won the (small) war, landing a BCS bowl and an extra week off to prepare for what is essentially a home game against a team that loves to get blown out in bowl. Laissez les bons temps rouler!. Next opponent: Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl.

8. Oklahoma (def. Nebraska 21-7) - from out under the woodwork come the Sooners, who can finally put the losses to Texas and Oregon behind them. Next opponent: Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl).

9. USC (lost to UCLA 13-9) - I'm not a big believer in ESP and the like, but I have to think that negative karmic energy was as much a factor in this result as anything. Did anyone not affiliated with USC want the Trojans to win? Next opponent: Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

10. Massachusetts (def. New Hampshire 24-17) - Our State University rolls on, but they've got a huge test in the semis. Keep your powder dry, Minutemen. Next opponent: at Montana.

Out of top 10:

Rutgers - I've been asked to note that the Scarlet Knights were robbed of a TD, a prime factor in their OT loss to West Virginia. I didn't see the game, but agreed to pass this along. Note that the person doing the asking is a Rutgers alum.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...