31 December 2006

Book Log #68, 69 & 70: The Cave of Time, Outlaws of Sherwood Forest, Statue of Liberty Adventure by Edward Packard (The Cave of Time) and Ellen Kushner (the other two)

Kind of a cheat to get to a round number at year's end: all of these are Choose Your Own Adventure books, which I thumbed through one afternoon soon after we moved into the house. I'd liked the series as a kid, and had started buying them through eBay a couple of years ago (though I haven't bought any in some time).

The Cave of Time is the first book in the series, and is still pretty enjoyable. I was less enamored of the other two, which didn't seem to have as many interesting endings other than the "main" ending.

When I was getting these originally, I worked up to about book 22. Looking back at the list, the ones I remember most fondly were The Race Forever (an off-road rally similar to Paris-Dakar) and Escape (where you try to escape from a totalitarian state in the western part of the US).

Anyway, fun nostalgia to end the year.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...