11 December 2006

Not much to report on of late, just work and life and stuff. Been trying to get more into the holiday spirit, and in that vein put up a Festivus pole at work. People seem to like it, and my boss has put me in charge of some sort of Festivus committee (which currently is just me), for which I'm planning a lunchtime celebration on our last day. We'll watch "The Strike", air some greivances, and then have a (mental) Feats of Strength holiday quiz. Should be a fun time for all.

In a more traditional vein, we got a wreath for the house yesterday, though we've not put it up yet. Looks like we're passing on a tree this year, which makes sense given the state of the house.

We also got to go to the wife's holiday party for work, which was a surprisingly good time for an event where I don't know 90%-plus of the people. The party was at the World Trade Center, and thus we were able to get a reduced deal to stay overnight at the Seaport Hotel, one of the newer, swankier places that's been developed over by the new convention center. And while it was very nice, I can't say I felt like it met the hype. I liked the rooms we had at the Park Plaza and whatever the Swisshotel is now better.

Closed out the weekend watching the Pats get whipped (it's not good when a 21-0 score isn't as close as it looks, the offense was doing nothing) and wishing that I could carry Drew Brees' performance over to next week (had a bye in our fantasy football playoffs thanks to an inexplicable division title win). Oh, and while I missed it due to the party, Our State U. took out Montana to punch their ticket to Chattanooga, where they'll face Appalachian State. Were I younger, not married, and hadn't just been there, I'd mull a road trip. But then I'd wuss out.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...