24 February 2008

40 Days, 40 Churches

Day 19: St. Mary's Cathedral, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland

Another theme week for you as we spend a week with churches in Ireland. It's a little surprising how many churches we saw on our honeymoon, but then again you can't swing a dead monsignor without hitting a church in Ireland.

I can't say I remember a great deal about St. Mary's - I'm pretty sure we didn't go in - but I do have a picture of its spire, which had a ladder running up the length of it. Not sure if it was permanent or there for some sort of repair work (or perhaps for penitential purposes). Thought it was funny, regardless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling, we did go in, I have the guidebook. Makes me wonder what else you're forgetting about our honeymoon.....hmmm......

The Wife

Anonymous said...

The Swinging Dead Monsignors would be an excellent name for a punk polka band.

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...