09 February 2008

40 Days, 40 Churches

Day 4: St. Vincent de Paul, Bucksport ME

We've gone here the last two or three Christmases, as it's less crowded than the church in Belfast and slighly easier to find. Each year they've had a different priest, and this year the one who did our Mass also did services in two other towns, neither of which were particularly close to Bucksport.

I'll give the parish credit for trying to incorporate a lot of music into things, but they may want to reconsider the quality versus quantity dynamic. There's also one singer whose attempts at an operatic delivery are pretty dreadful. Not that I could do any better, but I'd like to think I'd be able to take a step back and realize things might be better if the organist went solo.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...