25 February 2008

40 Days, 40 Churches

Day 20: St. Mary's Church, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland

Mary, the saint so nice Killarney used her name for churches twice (though this one is C of I). This one is right downtown and is of normal parish size. I know we looked in on this one during our trip, though I think we were killing time before the Ring of Kerry tour we took. I'd need to go back to the pictures, but I think this is one of the gaudier churches we saw in Ireland, and I think it creeped the wife out a bit, though I could be making that up.

I don't think it hit me at the time, but going back and getting the links for the two St. Mary's made me realize that for all the stuff in Kerry and around Killarney, there's not a great deal to see in the town itself. Still, it's a good base to work from, especially if you prefer guided tours to going on your own.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...