11 February 2008

So for the first time since 1995, I will not be spending the second Monday in February watching the BU men's team play for the Beanpot. They managed to lose their opening round game against BC last week (4-3 in OT), and I can't say I have much interest in watching them skate for third place in front of a few dozen fellow fans. I suppose I can't whine too much given the streak of final appearances. It's also hardly a surprising result for this year's team, which is underperforming at an above-average rate.

The flip-side of this is the women's team, who got back to .500 over the weekend with a sweep of Vermont, a nice way to end a week that started by avenging last year's Beanpot final loss to BC. The women knocked off BC in the first round of this year's Beanpot, and all they need to do now to win their second Beanpot is knock off Harvard. Who are the top-ranked team in the country at 22-1. I say if they pull this off they should get to play in Agganis the rest of the season. The men's team is 3-6-1 there this year, so it seems like an obvious move.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...