12 February 2008

40 Days, 40 Churches

Day 7: St. John the Evangelist, Wellesley MA

There's not much more I can say about this place that I didn't mention back when I first mentioned it. I can't say the intervening years have done much to make me thing we made a mistake by not giving it more of a chance.

One thing worth mentioning is that it was out of this parish that Voice of the Faithful, a lay group that aims to put more accountability and transparency in the administration of the church, was founded. I'm not sure how I feel about them. In theory I support their goals, but the few interactions I've had involving the group have had a condescending tone to them. That may be different now that they're a much bigger group, but it's hard to overcome that sort of initial impression.

No comments:

For want of anything better to post, here's a breakdown of if I've been to the most populous 100 cities in the US, and if so for how...